Main Menu

SILVERSTONE IS CANCELLED

Started by Trevor Williams, July 24, 2006, 10:11:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

All,
Just spoken with Dale at BARC, and Silverstone meeting is definately CANCELLED.

It is not being rearranged as we do not have consensus agreement to do so.

Therefore, the last round of the Championship is Mallory on 17th September 2006

Cheers

Trevor[/b]
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Marc Fenner

Are they able to do that?

Can we not try and arrange a race else were. What about Lydden or Snet?

Trevor Williams

Mark
Yes they can do that. With the MSA currently telling stewards to bin meetings if there are not enough marshals, there is no other choice

The option of Snett was given to us, but we would have needed to all agree that the Championship round could be moved. It was split 50/50 between doing Snett or not. I am one that would not have done Snetterton on cost alone. It would have quadroupled my diesel bill alone

Lydden would not happen for the same reason as above, plus being at the end of the A2, not many, if any of the mre northerly based teams would ga for it

Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nigel Hollis

How many marshalls would be required for the Stowe circuit? I presume not as many?

Derek Coghill

Nigel, I suspect a serious marshal shortage rather than not quite enough. What Richard said earlier on about drivers marshalling the other races was a good idea (I haven't done it for a couple of years), but not soon enough and probably too ad hoc to rely on as BARC would want definite yes/no answers before they'd allow the meeting to go ahead.

Lydden? Take 10 steps and get wet feet! It's less road miles for me to get to Spa or Croix-en-Ternois than to most circuits (admittedly there's a ferry involved) with the exception of Croft and Knockhill.

Catherine Noble

I'm not certain but ... at certain event levels marshalls now require to have attending training meetings, which may throw a spanner in the works. I know I'm supposed to have attended something this year but couldn't because it clashed with a sprint I was marshalling at!

Pants to the race being cancelled. :(

C x