Main Menu

URGENT - Race at Silverstone 30/9/06

Started by Trevor Williams, August 23, 2006, 10:23:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

All,
Just been offered the oportunity of a race at Silverstone on 30th September. Offer at the moment is one practice and two sprints, but it's possible we could add the track time of the races together to make it a longer race.
It would have to be a NON-CHAMPIONSHIP race as the current leaders all cannot make it so we could run it as two sprints with the 2nd race starting with a reverse grid
I need to let BARC know by the end of the week. Please let me know if you would enter
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Ben Allan

Matthew Hollis

I'd imagine we would do it (possibly with all 3 cars).

Would it be National or Stowe track?

Derek Coghill

I could probably manage it but it would be an amphetamine* special; up for work at 6am on Friday, going to see Teenage Fanclub in Glasgow on Friday night......

*Not really, just lots of strong coffee.

Bob Rice

Matt,

As far as I can see from the Silverstone fixtures, it will be on the National Circuit.

rod stead

Not me - I've an entry at Thruxton.

I'll have a word with Simpson/Woodward to see if they fancy a run-out.

Nick Roads

CRISIS car 40 will be present and correct, assuming it survives Mallory, if a race can be organised - and would do both sprints if 2 are organised

Trevor Williams

All,
Thanks to those who replied to this posting and my text message.

Due to lack of interest, I have just emailed BARC and told them that we are not interested in a race at Silverstone on 30th September 2006

Thanks again for your input

Cheers
Trevor

Steve Cowell

Can  I just ask a question,how many members with cars who race actually use these forums,not many seem to post,how else where they contacted about this race?? As the cancelled race seemed to have quite a good bit of interest. :?
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Trevor Williams

Steve,
Not only did I post the details on the website, I text messaged all those whose mobile numbers I have.
All in all I managed to get through to most of the people in the club.
As to the event having lots of support, I have to say that you are not quite correct.
Out of 21 people who replied (and that number includes me) 11 showed an interest in doing the race. Not quite 50%.
With the rest of the sprint races this year not getting the support that they require ther was no other option but to turn the event down.
If BARC had actually offered us this date when the 5th August date was cancelled I am sure we would have had a better turn-out
Cheers
Trevor