Main Menu

cats in the garden

Started by Paul Robertson, October 11, 2006, 15:32:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Robertson

Anyone got any ideas of how to stop our neighbours cats sh**ing in our garden (other than shooting the dirty b'stards)

Ben Allan

What's wrong with shooting them?  My air rifle makes them run quickly but hasn't killed any yet.

Ben

Catherine Noble

How much free time have you got?

Invest in super soaker and fill with a mix of lemon juice and vinegar. Spray offending cat liberally any time in garden, they will remember this soaking and when cleaning coat (in theory) associate unpleasant taste with soaking and avoid venue in future.

I throw rocks, so far have not killed any cats, but made a few howl ... they haven't been back either.

C x
(Dog lover)

Steve Cowell

Poor pussy's  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Richard Knight

I think you can buy Lion poo from zoo's - which keeps them at bay. Problem then is how do you then stop the Lions from sh**ing in your garden!

Little Rich

Marc Fenner

Go for for a pee around you garden. The smell of your urine puts them off as your marking your ground. Also they hate lavender!

Andy Craig-Smith

I'd set land mines or shoot them, its not against the law !!!
All they do is sleep, eat, Sh*t over and over again.
Hmm, that sounds like someone I know.
Rocket Dog Racing

Chris Yates

Trevor Williams

Whilst it may not be against the law to shoot cats, you would be leaving yourself open to a prosecution by the RSPCA for cruelty, and a civil case for causing criminal damage.
You would also be leaving yourself open to me running you off the track at any race meeting that we were entered in.
One of Sarah's cats was shot and killed by a little sh*t a week after she moved down to Fleet. The little sh*t held it down and shot it three times.
If you condone that sort of behaviour you are not fit to call yourself a human being.
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul Robertson

Quote from: "Chris Yates"Might be a bit expensive, but this one apparently works well:

http://www.birdfood.co.uk/product_details.php?area_id=2&group_id=15&nav_id=100&prd_id=382
That looks just the ticket chris,I wonder if i install them around the neighbours house  they will keep their 8 cats in their garden.

Andy Craig-Smith

Quote from: "Trevor Williams"You would also be leaving yourself open to me running you off the track at any race meeting that we were entered in.

Meee Owww
Rocket Dog Racing

Gary Adnitt

Don't get merde, get even.

We had cats leaving chocolate kisses in our garden, so we fetched a cat from the animal shelter down the road and guess what? No more kisses in our garden, job done.

I did see the irony though as our cat popped into next doors garden for a "morning stretch" though.

GBA
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.

Geoff Archer

plant onions around the garden it annoys the hell out of them worked here!!
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

Matthew Hollis