Main Menu

Entrants Licence

Started by David Sullivan, December 06, 2006, 18:16:25

Previous topic - Next topic

David Sullivan

Reading the regulations on the barc website i came across this, not knowing much about how to get into racing will i need an entrants licence aswell as my National B?

Competitor eligibility 1.3

1.3.1    Entrants were applicable must be in possession of a valid MSA Entrants Licence

Thanks
Dave

Trevor Williams

David,
Absolutely NOT!!!!!
Your race licence acts as your entrants licence as well. It gives you the oportunity to enter your car with another driver doing the race. You are responsible for their actions if you do that!!!
An entrants licence is for the upper echelons, those who run a team but do not race themselves and costs £140.00 for 2006, money which is much better off in your pocket rather than the MSA's!!
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

David Sullivan

Cant beat a speedy response & in that case i will ask my next question! what regs my overalls will need to meet?

Trevor Williams

Nah then
Seeing as I now know who you are!!!!!!!!

Race overalls must be one of the following standards:

FIA 1986 Standard
FIA 8856-2000

Speak to Robboabout how / where to buy the best value suit. Or go to the Autosport show on the Sunday and try to blag a clearance deal?

As discussed somewhere earlier in this forum, this is because fire all of a sudden got hotter in Switzerland.

Seriously, also make sure your crash helmet is at least BS6658 approved ( I think most bike helmets are). Boots, underwear, balaclave and socks should be to ISO 6940 as a minimum

Helps with the advice, just not with the cost!!!

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

pat collier

just take care most bike helmets carry the European equivilent and say suitable for motorcycle sport... this will not work for car racing..

If on a budget omp do one for about £40, otherwise check the stickers on the helmet it must carry one that corresponds with the blue book, otherwise it wont work!