Main Menu

AGM

Started by Simon Crook, October 31, 2006, 14:16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

Before I start getting on with the racecar ready for next season, any major rule or technical changes agreed at the AGM :?:
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Marc Fenner

Email Christine she was taking minutes.

Main big thing is Belgium front arms can be used and also the championship has gone endurance

Ben Allan

What are Belgian Front Arms?

Francis Rottenburg

Same as Belgian legs I imagine, except they're at the top.....

Bart van Wijngaarden

I suppose that Belgium front arms are front arm which look like this

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto=8S4TS7F3

Cheers, Bart

Trevor Williams

Bart,
Close but no cigar! What was voted in was to allow "Belgian Style" front arms. According to our tech bods we would not allow the messing around with the steering pivot as shown in your photo. This was really the only tech change at the meeting. Words for the regs are being written by the tech bods and will be submitted for approval of the MSA / BARC later this week
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Richard hollis

just to make it clear its not a mandatory requirement only optional

Richard hollis

oh yes and there's no sprint racing in the championship for 2007 only enduros for the first time in 17 years :cry:

Simon Crook

Belgian Style Front Arms! so as a newbie to 2cv's, what are they then?
and only endurance racing, so a maximum of 24hrs to a minimum of?
LUMACA RACING

Paul Robertson

Belgian style arms have a rosejoint and extra brace mounted to the top of the hub to reduce kingpin wear and the need to replace front arms so often .they are not compulsory but will probably be a must have modification .
I am looking into having the parts that will require manufacturing made so a "kit" can be available.
Races should be between 1 and 2 hours .

Simon Crook

thanks Paul I think that makes sense :?
LUMACA RACING

Nigel Hollis

What a dreadfully pathetic turn out for the AGM with only just enough members for it to even go ahead and really unsatisfactory that so small a percentage of voting members should be deciding the future direction of the club leading to major  decisions being passed with minimum majorities i.e. 1 !  With the format of races now changed it wil be essential that all those promising to turn out for enduros only, put their money where their mouth is in order that grid sizes do not deteriorate further so that we have  a club left at the end of the season!

Martin Harrold

Nigel - fair point. I was one that could not make it, but did send apologies.
 I do not recall seeing the Belgian front arms proposal in anything sent out prior to the meeting - and I thought tech regs changes needed  around 2 months notice prior to AGM .
 As Paul R says, it's an option, but will probably become a necessity. Paul - any rough estimate of cost yet ?
 I'm buying a fresh race chassis which has not been on track for 2+ years, for the 24hr. Dicky is sorting decent engines, and former team member Paul Leason is planning to come back from USA to lead the drivers.
 We'll be trying to do as many of the other events as the diary permits. Can someone confirm the dates here ?
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Paul Robertson

Not as yet Martin but as soon as i do i will post it on here if my plan works out they should be relatively easy to add to existing arms.
Paul