Main Menu

Anybody fancy racing at Lydden?

Started by rod stead, November 01, 2006, 23:50:07

Previous topic - Next topic

rod stead

SEMSEC are looking to run additional, dare I say it, sprint races in 2007 at Lydden & Brands.

They're looking for minimum 10 car grids.

Anybody fancy racing there?

They'd be delighted to hear from us!

Marc Fenner

Catherine Noble

I'd be interested (though rather assumes I can get licence and have vehicle to use!)

I also know a couple of people who may not see this as not on-line but are/have been members of 2cv racing. Shall ask and report back!

C x

helen deeley

I would love to,  if I too can get licence/ car etc, being a complete novice . who are semsec? Please excuse my ignorance!:twisted:
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Matt Riley

I'd certainly be up for it if some enterprising soul could do me an arrive and drive deal....

Nick Grant

I am interested but it will be somewhat dependant on our championship format for next year (number of races, dates, costs etc).

I think there could be a fair amount of interest as I have just seen next years championship will be Enduro only

Geoff Archer

do all remember if you dont support the 2cv championship we all will loose it,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

Pete Sparrow

Helen.
SEMSEC is basically a club that organises races like the BARC,BRSCC or 750 motor club. They buy track time then sell to us, the customer.
If you are new to all this its best to ask questions. Hopefully someone will give a sensible answer.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Marc Fenner

Matt i am happy to do a arrive and drive with my car as dont think i will be able to do many of the races as going to try do the championship this year.
Also would you be interested in a arrive and drive for the endurance championship? I am after someone to join me as a hire driver.
If your interested give me a ring on 07793009668

Marc

Matt Riley

Thanks for the offer Marc - we'll see if anything does come of this. I think I'm already sorted with a car share for the championship enduros - these SEMSEC sprints would just be a nice extra if they actually happen.....

Catherine Noble

Someone has pointed out the Lydden is SE of London, so I'd be unlikely to make the trip with a vehicle for it. This is the same for the others I asked.

C x

rod stead

Well, that looks like a grid size of 3 so far!

If we can guarantee 10 entries, they'll give us a slot at one of their events.

We don't have to do every round, but it would help!

Any more takers?

Geoff Archer

so rod are you going to support the 2cv racing club races??? or are you basically going your own way??? the southern 2cv has been championship maybe??
i suggest you scrap the idea and get behind the club and support the races we organise and forget this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

rod stead

Steady on, Geoff.

I was only enquiring if anyone fancied a run out at Lydden as they're looking for races to run, & would welcome any class of car that can put together a 10-car grid!

If there are no takers, no problem!

I'll venture out for the 24 hour race & any other events that don't clash with work/ holidays etc..
Suspect I'll spend more time in single seaters, though, as there are more opportunities to use them.

Geoff Archer

i am been steady rod in fact holding back i would say, but the fact remains  that this offer is/can detract entries from the barc/2cv racing club races, which at this present moment are shakey, i would not mind and i am sure others wouldnt if our grids were full, but we are not in this situation so the talk of extra races is just stupid, i suggest  all members thinking of doing this should think of 2cv racing without a 24 hr and get off there arse and support the enduro championship so at least we can have a chance of keeping the 24 hr going!!! racing at lyden wont keep the 24hr!!!!!!  i know the new format will not suit all, but we need to try it, we were given last year double headers over less weekends what racers have been shouting about wanting for at least 7 yrs, when we got them were was the support!¬!!!!  so i hope rod i will see you on the entry list for the endurance rounds, if not do you want 2cv racing or just a relic sat in the corner next to the other race cars that had a series not supported!!!!!
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313