Main Menu

Car Duels - One car gets crushed

Started by Steve Panas, November 06, 2006, 16:30:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Panas

Earlier this year GBA's car and mine went to Castle Combe to film the following. One cars gets crushed???

We have just been given the transmission dates for UKTV's CAR DUELS.  The series will be shown on two channels - one run currently airing on UKTV People and the second in December on UKTV G2 (which will be the series which UKTV are making their big media splash about, airing at prime times over the Christmas holiday season.) For updated press information, please refer to www.uktv.co.uk

The airing schedule is as follows:

UKTV PEOPLE

Ep. 1: Three Wheeler Racing starring Sir Steve Redgrave and Iwan Thomas      - Sunday 5th Nov @ 7pm

Ep. 2: Grass Track Racing starring Spoony and MasterStepz                          - Sunday 12th Nov @ 7pm

Ep. 3: White Van Challenge starring Rhona Cameron and Mike McClean          - Sunday 19th Nov @ 7pm

Ep. 4: 2 CV Racing starring Dean Macey and Stuart Hall                                 - Sunday 26th Nov @7pm

Ep. 5:  4x4 Track Racing starring Sarah Cawood and Amanda Stretton             - Sunday 3rd Dec @ 7pm

UKTV G2

Ep. 1: Three Wheeler Racing starring Sir Steve Redgrave and Iwan Thomas       - Monday 18th Dec @ 8.30pm

Ep. 2: Grass Track Racing starring Spoony and MasterStepz                          - Monday 25th Dec @ 8.30pm

Ep. 3: White Van Challenge starring Rhona Cameron and Mike McClean           - Monday 1st  Jan @ 8.30pm

Ep. 4: 2 CV Racing starring Dean Macey and Stuart Hall                                   - Monday 8th Jan @ 8.30pm

Ep. 5:  4x4 Track Racing starring Sarah Cawood and Amanda Stretton              - Monday 15th Jan @ 8.30pm

We will of course be sending out DVDs of the show so you can watch your contribution anytime.

Once again, from everybody here at ATTABOY TV, thank you so much for all your hard work, effort and good humour which went into making the programmes such a success.

We hope you enjoy the series.

Take good care,

Best wishes

Sammy Todd
Attaboy TV Ltd

Andrew Bull

UKTV Website Promo Quote.

" 2CV Duel
Dean Macey versus Stuart Hall in Citroen Deux Cheveux (2CV)
The legend that is radio presenter Stuart Hall races decathlete Dean Macey around Castle Combe race track on a two lap, timed challenge – in the comedy French car. They soon learn how and when to lay down the power, high speed braking, under steer, over steer and how to avoid sea sickness from the 2CV's roly poly suspension! "

This just highlights the attitude towards the cars.  Cant fault you guys for taking them and getting publicity though.
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Simon Leith

FYI - I have seen the full programme and it is very complimentary about the cars and racing. From a PR point of view I think it is really good for us. Attaboy TV were under strict instruction from me not to put the cars or the series down. They have portrayed us very well over all.

Simon

Trevor Williams

Simon, Steve and Gary

a) thanks for organising that
b) thanks for letting your cars be used

Good comments from Dean Macey regarding the amount of "balls" needed to drive these proper race cars!

Good work

Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Gary Adnitt

I've watched the other shows in the series and they are looking for the humour in each group of vehicles used as part of the show.
Personally, I thought the cars looked good, were on the whole spoken about in a positive way and left us as a club/2cv racers shown to be legitimate in the racing world.
Well done to all involved, in particular Simon, Steve and Keith for their efforts.
P.S. A few of us have a DVD copy of the whole series, I'll be using mine as a promo DVD at each race on '07.

GBA
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.

Simon Crook

I thought the cars came over quite well, shame that none of the sponsors names were on show....................
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Simon Leith

Simon

It's against ITC regulations to show sponsors in that manor. I tried to convince them to keep some on but it was an absolute 'NO'!

Simon

Paul Robertson

I have to agree with gary thought it showed us in a good light, they both looked to be enjoying the whole experience.

Simon Crook

Hi Simon

how did they get away with it on Sky TVs "The Race" I work in the film industry and with the exception of the period films we always have Product Placement items
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Pete Sparrow

'Good comments from Dean Macey regarding the amount of "balls" needed to drive these proper race cars!'

I quite agree, you should see the size of Andy Kinch's, poor lad, not had 'female' company for a while now.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Simon Leith

Simon

Not sure how The Race did it......maybe the production company had a bit more clout.

When we did the Monster Truck TV series last year we had the same problems. Also, maybe the fact that Gary's car had 2CV TWATS on the front didn't help!   :shock:

Anyway....good publicity all round me thinks........?

Simon

Gary Adnitt

Is it worth trying to see if Dean Macey wants a drive in the 24?

GBA
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.

Simon Leith

I hear there is a seat going in Team Gadget.....!!

How much are you paying..????????

:mrgreen: