Main Menu

Help us to help you with promoting the Club and its events

Started by Pete Sparrow, November 15, 2006, 14:25:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

Dear all
there is currently a lot of work being carried out behind the scenes at the 2cv racing club.
Our aim is to make a lot of changes to the way that we organise and promote ourselves, this work is being carried out now and will continue into next season.
All we would like is for the members to help us do the jobs that we do in our spare time for nothing. Things like replying to important club e-mails, polls and questonaires ( this will be launched next year ), updating personal profiles and information on teams for the website, telling us a little bit about what you're up to during the year, letting us have race reports and any interesting information for either Snails Pace or the website. If You don't give us things to include there won't be much in them.There is not much point in us trying if you won't. Small things are what we are looking for, things that cost nothing other than a bit of your time. If you let us have the information, we can use it in the press, we get better coverage which promotes the club and allows us to race our lovely old tin snails for longer. Easy really when you say it like that but putting it into practice can be a little bit difficult.
I would like to think that any of you would tell us when we do something wrong, we all except that things are not perfect but be a little bit understanding and allow us time to get stuff sorted out, there are jobs available if you feel you could do it better youself.
Gary Adnitt has been opointed club PR man. I'm sure he will be fantasic at it, as he is at everything,he will outline what he wants to achieve and I hope everyone does their best to help him forfill this role. (And everyone else for that matter)
We all have a good feeling about 2007 and hope that it turns out a good as we are expecting it to be.

See you out there.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Pete Sparrow

Here you go.
you can start now buy looking at your profile and making sure that you and the car are up to scratch.
I'll be watching........
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Gary Adnitt

Whilst the tumbleweed roles through the website think on this.....

I am looking for a budding artist. Someone who can create an edgy front view of a 2cv for our posters and stickers for 2007 and beyond. I need to get this done sharpish so if you up for it or know someone who can help, please get in touch with me on 07990 987015.

Many Thanks

GBA
2cv Racing, does exactly what it says on the tin!
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.

Catherine Noble

Is there a specific design brief for this or is it anything goes? Limits for number of colours used or how stylised the image is?

C x

Dick Roberts

Gary this sounds like the same thing you asked me to do yesterday.

I have stopped this project until I hear from you in case it is.

Gary Adnitt

Hi Dick,

This posting was meant to see if we had a budding artist that could add some weight to what you and I are working on, carry on with what we spoke about if you can, as discussed I'll be over on Monday pm to chat further.

PS I've been through my loft and found the items I want you to take a look at.

GBA
Think you're fast? See you in the 24!
Your problem is not my problem, thats why its called your problem.

Richard Knight

Gary

Are you going on the Antiques Roadshow?

I've an old water tank in my loft you can take!

Rich x

Derek Coghill

Gary, try Iain Campbell for a drawing; it was he that did the cardboard cut-out cars for me all those years ago and has done various 2cv sketches and cartoons as well. [email protected] and tell him I sent you! He was team manager at Mondello once, too.

Marc Fenner

I will get hold of the guy that draws some of the london to brighton pictures. Also Dick said about a new website that was being launched. Any news when that might be?

Dick Roberts

Hello-

The Club Website has grown over the years and has been under a number of ownership regimes. Recently the club decided that it would review the contents and (accumulated) design - this has been done - and the site has been re-engineered ready  for launch.

We are waiting for some key information and final approval from the club officers before launch.  I would hope that this is in the next two weeks.

For the time being the 'old' site still runs and the forum deals with business as normal.