Main Menu

VERY, VERY, VERY PROVISIONAL 2007 Dates

Started by Trevor Williams, November 25, 2006, 12:50:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

Steve Panas, Paul Robertson and myself had a very productive meeting with Ian Watson of BARC at Donington on Friday. The meeting was mainly to discus the 2007 Stingray 24 Hour Race, but we discussed the provisional calender for 2007 at the end of our discussions.

So, with the proviso that these are still very much provisional (except for the date of the 24 Hours, these are the rough dates and formats that we are being offered:

Mid April 07: Pembrey: 2 Hour Race, 3 mandatory pitstops for driver change
26th to 28th May 07: Snetterton: Stingray 24 Hour Race. Further info to follow in the next few weeks
Mid July 07: Croft: 2 Hour Endurance race, 3 mandatory pitstops for driver change
Mid to late August: Anglesey: two 1 hour endurance races, grid for the second race set by finishing order of the first race, only one qualifying session. This is dependant on Anglesey completing their track extension. If not complete we will probably be offered Brands or Oulton as alternatives
Late September 07: Silverstone: 1&1/2 hour endurance race. We may also be able to get a sprint race at this meeting which will be NON-CHAMPIONSHIP, and potentially free if you have entered all the other rounds.

Once again, do not book holidays etc around these dates as the are not set in stone until the entire BARC calender is finalised

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Trevor Williams

Last week at the drivers rep meeting I was handed a provisional calender for our races next year. They are as follows:

21 & 22 April 2007: BRANDS HATCH: 2 x One hour races.
26 to 28 May: SNETTERTON: 24 Hour Race
30 June & 1 July: ANGLESEY: 2 x One hour races: NOTE this will be on the new circuit
21 & 22 July: SILVERSTONE: 2 x One hour races
23 September: MALLORY: 1 x One hour race
20 & 21 October: PEMBREY: 1 x Two hour race.

This is NOT FINALISED due to the following:

I have asked that the Brands Hatch race is changed to a Two hour race, and that the Silverstone race is too close to Anglesey and I have asked for the Silverstone race to be removed

More news when I have it!

Cheers

Trevor

Derek Coghill

Trevor Williams

Derek
Not given the option, BARC work in mysterious ways

Paul Robertson

Catherine Noble

Brief thought, which may or may not affect decisions on dates, but the 2cv World Meeting is the end of July start of August ... no idea how many people from the racing club are heading to this if any but may be worth avoiding if poss.

C x

Frank Barnard

There seems to be some doubt about the final format of the Brands counter. How soon do you reckon we'll know whether it involves both days or just Sunday? The latter, for what it's worth, gets my vote!

Trevor Williams

Frank
Brands is a 2 hour race, which we have asked BARC to hold on the Saturday (last race) of the two-day meeting. That then gives us all of Saturday night to drink and spin tall tales of why we didn't win (and also loads of time for me to collect my rental income from all those who venture in to my gravel trap!) I will be speaking to Dale at BARC next week so will try and get a definitive answer then
Cheers
Trevor

Frank Barnard

Sorry to be a pest, Trevor, but I also meant to ask about Silverstone. I recall you were intent on cancelling it,
Best,
Frank

Trevor Williams

Frank
Not cancelling, just changing format

Not worth it at the moment. Silverstone stays as two one-hour races probably over two days

Cheers

Trevor

Ben Allan

Trev,

I'm drumming up support drivers and just need to clarify how many drivers can race in each session.  I am assuming that:

The 2 hours races (Brands and Pembrey) will have 3 stops. So 4 drivers can race

The 1 hour races (Angelssey, Silverston and Mallory) will have 1 stop.  So 2 drivers can race per session.  Maybe 4 drivers per day for Anglessey and Silverstone.

Is this right?

Ben

Trevor Williams

Ben
Correct for the two hour races, not correct for the one hour races as far as I know.
The one hour races will only have one qualifying session for the first race, with the grid for the second race determined by finishing positions from the first race. Therefore only two drivers
I will check
Trevor

Frank Barnard

Ben,
Can you advise fees for a support driver at Brands and Silverstone please?

Trevor Williams

Frank
The entry fee for each event covers the number of drivers allowed.
For Brands, the entry fee allows for up to four drivers, and Silverstone two
Cheers
Trevor

Frank Barnard

Yes, understood Trevor. Actually I was just checking with Ben about the cost of being, say, one of four drivers at Brands (or three), as opposed to covering the total entry fee myself, my original plan being to drive the whole two hours as a singleton...which I've realised, as a pay driver, I can't afford