Main Menu

Fixture list '07

Started by Frank Barnard, January 16, 2007, 14:23:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Barnard

Not sure if this belongs in this section but I note that five of this season's planned events are provisional. It is even suggested that Silverstone will be scrubbed at the Club's request. How soon will the calendar be firmed up, so we can make our plans?

Trevor Williams

Frank
BARC have published our regs and therefore our race dates on their website. At the moment the formats are not entirely what we asked for, but I will be emailing them tomorrow to discuss our requirements

The dates won't change

http://www.barc.net/competitors/regulations/2CV2007RegsVer01.pdf

cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Frank Barnard

Many thanks Trevor. Can't access the BARC info so I'll wait for confirmation in due course,
Best,
Frank

Trevor Williams

Frank
Email me at [email protected] and I will send you a pdf copy
Cheers
Trevor

Derek Coghill

Hi Trev, I was just about to ask the same questions as I have a course to book. What's the problem with Silverstone? It's 3 weeks away from the previous race.

Quite fancy Brands as I've only ever been round it on a bike...should be able to manage it in a (long) day!

Trevor Williams

Derek
The two problems with Silverstone are:
1. - Three weeks after Anglesey
2.- We wanted a single race of 1.5 hours duration.

We cannot change the date, so that problem has gone away

As for the race duration, Ian Watson told me that it is up to us to use the track time as we wish.

Brands is a 2 hour endurance race, with up to four drivers per car, or if you are mad like me you can do it all on your own. The race should be last event on the Saturday afternoon!!

Cheers

Trevor

Matt Riley

I'm supposed to be running the London marathon on the sunday morning so that should be good preparation the day before!

Derek Coghill

Quite happy to drive on my own; saturday race means I can get home on sunday rather than monday! It's just shut-the-door rather than runaround now isn't it?

Trevor Williams

Derek,
Yes, has been for a couple of years. Also 3 times at Brands (3 pitstops)
Cheers
Trevor