Main Menu

Spa 24hrs - November 2007

Started by philip myatt, March 09, 2007, 09:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

philip myatt

The new organisers of the Belgian series have added a new "classic" class to their races, this means that English 2CV's are now permitted to race.

Anyone interested!!!

Let me know

Cheers

Philip

Ben Allan

Chris Yates

Isn't that going to be a little scary?  :shock: Being lapped by the Belgians every couple of laps...

Paul Robertson

It won't be that frequent chris .In 2000 we were doing sub 4 minute laps in the english cars this is similar to the a class car that steve panas et al were in last year.
The bmw and proto's are probably doing 3.minute 20's so they will need more looking out for.

Simon Leith

I am 'IN' if anyone will have me .....don't have a car anymore !!   :(

Derek Coghill

November? Won't be an awful lot of daylight. Interested, unless I end up pit crewing again. UK cars are very similar spec. to the Belgian "Améliorée" class cars; the regs are downloadable from their website, but this year's ones may not be available yet.

Trevor Williams

Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

Could be worse, Trev, they could be in Flemish!

I can translate if you need it.

Oli Hall

I'll give you Flemish....

I'm definitely up for it!

Whats the next step? I don't have a car any more, so give me a buzz on 07961154858 if youre thinking of taking a car/team to the event. I'd love to be involved!

Oli

Marc Fenner

Just phoned Glen. He is up for maybe taking our car over there.
The other thing is he is thinking of buying on of the french cars to use just for spa. will keep you posted.

Trevor Williams

All very well all this talk of the belgian 24 hour race.

What you ALL have to remember is that we have a club and championship in this country, that if not well supported, will fold in the not very far future

So before you all start promising to race in Spa, remember to support YOUR club!!!!!

Trevor

Marc Fenner

On that note we still need a driver or we are not doing the 24hr race.

Trevor Williams

Marc
Have you contacted Catherine Noble with your request?

Marc Fenner

Yeah. She gave me 2 names. One was a ex champion and think he wants more than we can offer and the other the email was wrong. He was from Australia.

Steve Panas

Try Patrick Collier. 2nd last year
Steve