Main Menu

Spa 24hrs - November 2007

Started by philip myatt, March 09, 2007, 09:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

Who was the aussie contact?
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Marc Fenner

Cant remember his name. Has done the race a few times before though.

Trevor Williams

Marc
Was it Maurice o'Reilly?

Nick Grant

Marc / Trevor,
I think Tim Dobson is looking for a drive and is currently working / living in Sydney, but is obviously planning to be back for the 24HR. He has raced a number of times with Paul Taylor's MRB team. I think his contact details are on the members contact list.
So maybe Tim was the name you were given but if not you could give him a try.
Nick.

pat collier

Maurice is looking for a ride this year but would spit more than feathers at being even closly linked to being an aussie... somthing his aussie wife, great lady, I am sure finds amusing....

Maurice is NZ by the way

Matt Riley

If anyone is thinking of going to Spa and is still scouting around for another driver count me in. With a five week old baby I'm getting to be an expert at not sleeping for long periods of time!

Roderik Izaks

I have just joined this forum and saw this toppic.
We are trying to make next years 24H in Snetterton. If we make that, we will definitely take part in Spa '08. Are the technical rules going to be the same as for the 24H of Snetterton? And has anyone have an idea of the costs to enter the 24H of Spa?
Hope to be there next year and you will hear a lot from us comming year (especially about building the car). Hope that you can help us a bit then.

Roderik
Holland

Pete Sparrow

hello Roderik
if we race in belgium the idea is to keep our cars as they are, this means that we will not have to use dry break refueling which you have had to have under FIA regulations. I know that the Belgian series has had a bit of a shake up and they may be using another organiser, if this is correct then dry break systems may not be required. From what i had heard the british 2cv's would use a special area to refuel with cans or bottles and be in this area for a set amount of time, say 3 minutes to stop people rushing. Steve Panas or Phil Myatt are going there this year with a T class (BMW engine) car, they may be able to help you more. As far as cost goes i don't think there is a confirmed amount but i would guess it would be more expensive than here (it has been up to now)
I saw what Derek said earlier about the A class cars, these will be similar in weight but should be slightly more powerful (some A class cars will give P class cars a run for their money), they also have more aerodynamic bodywork so have a faster top speed.
It will be good to see you here next year and i hope you will ask for any help you need.
regards
Pete
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Trevor Williams

Pete,
I'm all up for refuelling with cans or bottles, though I think I wouldnt pass the breath test!!!!!!
Wheres the Jack????
Trevor

Derek Coghill

I think that the A class cars' regs are pretty similar to ours, with the exceptions of cams (free) and bodywork (as discussed). If you build a car to compete in the UK series it should, barring refuelling,be eligible for the Belgians' series as an Ameliorée.

Andy Craig-Smith

Quote from: "Pete Sparrow"
Steve Panas or Phil Myatt are going there this year with a T class (BMW engine) car, they may be able to help you more.regards
Pete

Hey Spatlo,
It should read:-
"Steve Panas,Phil Myatt and Andy Smith are going there this year with a T class (BMW engine) car, they may be able to help you more."
The purrrring T-bird is co-owned by the 3 of us.
But on reflection I know nothing, so no point in anybody ringing me!!!!
Rocket Dog Racing

Frank Barnard

Just to add my name to those looking for a drive at Spa, so I can say I was flat thru Eau Rouge. Seriously, any rentadrive opportunities will be welcomed,
Frank

Pete Sparrow

thought you were retiring Frank?
Still if you haven't been you gotta go - our 2cv's are a bit slow up the hills but there is some lovely country side to look at while you go round.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Marc Fenner

Well i think we may have a drive free. Will keep you informed.

pat collier

Add me to the list looking for a ride