Main Menu

Spa 24hrs - November 2007

Started by philip myatt, March 09, 2007, 09:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

I'm on for going.
trouble is i can't pay!
if you want a reasonable driver with Spa Knowledge and 2 race wins and fastest laps I'm yer man. I'm also good at ordering chips and mayonase,beers and that apple snapps stuff that almost put me in hospital one year. (you got to know when to stop..). I'm a good laugh and don't mind getting my hands dirty.
promised the wife I wouldn't spend any money on racing, doesn't mean i can't go if i get invited does it?
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Karl Ellis

Pete, i told my X wife that with rallying....It dont always work..

Anyway.My mechanics and the other drivers are sending me daft about this 24hr race in Belgium.
Can you help us with a few questions.

1. When is it? How much approx?
2. I think our car Alice will be OK(Once lightened)
3. What about licence. When i rallied in Belgium had to upgrade to National A Rally(still hold) But still on Nat B Novice Race is this OK?
4. Any silly rules... I know when we use to do the Monteberg rally sprints
you had to have a ground sheet to service on..if you didnt i think they use to fine you or exclude you!!!
5.If its only half as good as the rallying it will be the mutts nutts!!!!

Let us know (or anyone at 2CV Forum) My men are driving me mad!!!

By the way moneys rolling in for Alices Dream...
Havent forgot everyone will post something about Snett soon

Karl Ellis

Alices Dream Racing Team
You can Teach a monkey to drive a car..but not read a map!!

Trevor Williams

Karl
to race abroad you will need at the least a National A Licence
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nick Roads

Karl

msa told me this week that I simply need to be able to prove that I have raced and completed (must have finished) 6 MSA approved races "recently" (eg does not have to be all in 2007) to upgrade.  

so team may have to cancel their holidays and race at silverstone and/or anglesey (looking at trevors other posts on forum these may well count as 2 races as races are on separate days) to get 6 in this year per driver in 2cv's

No need for signatures , a completed race sheet (which you can get from Barc website I guess) should be sufficient - then you can upgrade from Nat B to Nat A

upgrade lot simpler than in the past apparently - takes 5 days

spa website says date is Nov 10 / 11 for "2 cv" so guess its then

Nick

David Bain

Thanks for mentioning the date of Spa. It has, of course, been changed since we made our ferry bookings! The original date has now been given to ADAC so it looks as though the Belgian 2Cvs are being treated like the poor relations, too, and shuffled to suit someone with more clout.

Trevor Williams

Nick / Karl
If you are willing to risk goung abroad to race with the details that the MSA have told you, don't be surprised if you get turned away. It is up to the authority in the Country that you would be racing in to set the minimum licence requirement, not the MSA

There are all kinds of penalties that may be applied to anyone racing in Europe without the correct licence, and that Licence is National A Minimum.

Take some time and read both the Blue Book and the International Sporting Code.
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

When we raced there in 2000 we had to upgrade to Nat.A, ask those that were there last year (Steve Panas, Andy Smith). Don't forget that you can get a signature for doing a day's marshalling (can be good fun, too).

Andy Craig-Smith

Competed in the race last year.
I needed :-
1 National A license
2 MSA Visa.

The visa confirms your license details and that MSA have no objections to you racing.

That said the helmet/raceware regs are more stringent. Apparently you get hotter fire at Spa !!!
Steve had to buy a new helmet and loan a race suit at the circuit, which was legal here.

But it is well worth it just to drive around SPA.
Rocket Dog Racing

Karl Ellis

Guessed so!

I thought the minimum would be a Nat A as i had this before with the Rallying. Think it maybe a bridge to far this year unless the MSA will count my 3 stints at Snett as 3 races!!! (Dont think so).
The other lads will struggle as well to get enough to upgrade, but if we can get mallory and pembrey that will help and maybe another Stowe?
These will all count for next year.

I will talk to the lads.

Anyway we can all come and watch (or spanner) as required, Good excuss
to drink beer with everyone, providing Mr Sparrow dont finish it all off first !!!

See you all

Karl
You can Teach a monkey to drive a car..but not read a map!!