Main Menu

Silverrstone 2007

Started by Nick Roads, March 22, 2007, 20:39:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

I know trevor williams has covered this elsewhere in the forum about silverstone dates and trying to change the format or even cancel Silverstone but..

http://www.barc.net/competitors/race_timetables/hq0724-02.php is barc timetable showing qualifying on staurday, race on saturday and then a second race on sunday

for my part and the CRISIS team of no hopers who are coming back for another the year we only want to race on 1 day so either a 1 hr race or 2hr race but not 2 races over 2 days

BARC entry form I recieved today makes no mention of the format and simply asks for £ 555 for the 2 x 60 min races so no option just to go to 1 race

looking at the other race dates and trying to get the drivers to cover all the races my preference would be for a 1 hr race only at present but I am sure we will get it together for a 2 hr race on the same day

Having the option of 2 races on diffeent days may result in small grids if teams cherry pick the day they want to race so maybe that is why BARC does not offer it on the form

BARC have not published format for angelsey but assuming that is the same (in that it is 2 x 60 minute races and no option to just do 1 race on entry form) combined with the fact the dates are so close would make it even more likely that one of the meetings would suffer from too many days racing/ travelling.

:idea:

Trevor Williams

Nick
To clarify:
Silverstone is a two day event, comprising two one-hour races. The qualifying session gives the grid for the first race, with the result of that race forming the grid of the second. Same at Anglesey.

The format of these weekends was the subject of much discussion at the AGM in October, and is what we have been given by BARC. To change the format would entail the WRITTEN agreement of EVERY racing member of the club, along with BARC's agreement and the agreemnet of the MSA. I know of one member who would definately not agree to any change, so nothing changes

Whilst I can appreciate you desire to only race on one day, we have to live with what we have got. Getting agreement on the format of our races is worse than herding cats ( and I am an expert at that!)

It is the responsibility of the members to support the club wherever possible, because if we don't show the MSA that we are a healthy club and a going concern, we will all be left with very expensive road cars or 565kg of worthless scrap sitting in our garages

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nick Roads

Trevor

thanks for the clarification

my wife seems very keen on me herding children on the weekends - being away for 2 nights too often is not popular at home which is the main problem

will be ok for silverstone in that format but may have to drop angelsey

Bob Rice

You have my sympathies Nick, 2 day events are considered anti family in my household as well, my position has always been that I can race on one day (preferably Saturday as my daughter competes on Sundays), and I will continue to have to avoid all 2 day events (excepting 24hrs - special permission granted). I have to apply this rule to all of my racing, so I'm not picking on the 2CV club especially!

Hey ho!

Steve Cowell

Give's me a chance though  :D
The older I get,the faster I was (not)

Derek Coghill

A thought - a 2 day event means we can have a proper barbecue and invite the marshals and so on. 2 days isn't a worry for me - it's such a long way to travel for any of this year's races anyway so an extra day won't hurt.

Ben Allan

Unfortunately 2 day events adversley affect my wife-life-racing balance as well, so I will struggle to do all the races.

However as I wasn't at the AGM I suppose I can't really whinge here.

Ben

Andy Craig-Smith

You guys need to trade-in and get new wives !!!
Rocket Dog Racing

Bob Rice

on balance, I'll keep the Wife that I have thanks, I've not yet found a Race car that does the Ironing!

I don't agree with Steve McQueen, Racing isn't life, but it does help.

Oh, Ben, I suspect there were enough whingers at the AGM without you and I being present.