Main Menu

Scaremongering? you decide.

Started by Paul Robertson, June 05, 2007, 23:30:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Robertson

So ,here we are again ,the 24hr is over does that mean that the season is over for you?
We had a good initial turnout for brands, followed by the best grid we have had at snetterton. So , are you up for two new circuits in one weekend? So far it looks like a return to last years grids with maybe only 10 cars ,there is no way that the Barc are going to stand for this .They have given us £11,000 worth of track time at our request (and the same for silverstone)if we don't support these two meetings we might as well forget about any form of championship next year.With snetterton becoming too expensive for our 24hr race, without the backing of the Barc we will not have a venue for the 24hr race next year.
Please , if you value the club and the unique challenges it throws at us all ,get your credit card /cheque bok out and support the next race meetings.
No we haven't started on the cars yet either but we will be there all three cars ready for the challenge of what will be a level playing field for all.So give your car a wash and knock out the worst of the dents and come and see what the new anglesey circuit has to offer,it may be your only chance in a 2cv.

Derek Coghill

Paid up months ago, so going no matter what. Not many dents to knock out, really......might do some other stuff, though. Wash the mud off the roof, f'rinstance.....

Paul Robertson

Good on you derek.That makes 4 then,minimum points score 75.

Andy Craig-Smith

Me and the Ginger prince...............5
Rocket Dog Racing

Pete Sparrow

I hope to there as well depending on Trev's situation at home. If this a no go then may be i could go in halves with someone who can't afford to do the race on their own. Will someone lend me a car? I want to go and see it too.
Paul's points are very valid and realistic, racing is a business like everything else and they will not operate at a loss. I do feel however that we have been getting a bit of a raw deal with BARC recently but as Paul points out they have given us the meetings we have asked for, all we need to do is fill the grids. If we don't then you can't blame them for pulling the plug.
There will always be various reasons why we can't come and race but given the amount of cars out there that are up to current spec (60 plus i think) we should be able to pull a grid of 15 cars.
What do you think about sending a survey out to each member (may be past members) to see what areas they thing we could improve on. This may give us a better direction in the future.
Just ideas but I want to see this club go in to its 20th year and beyond, what about you lot?
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

David Sullivan

A survey is a cracking idea, although i have only been a club member since the start of this year there have definately been ways in which i have thought that the club could work in a more productive way, especially in an attempt to improve grids.

helen deeley

I'm going! Though it feels a bit like BARC see us as second-rate.... :(  which we all know is rubbish, as we are the best series! :D
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Trevor Williams

I've just posted my entry so my bank account will be squealing in the next few days.
I will be there if at all possible, things are changing and moving far quicker than any of us expected
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul Robertson

Thats 8 with aubrey and peter rigg then .

Matt Riley

Entry going in for me tomorrow morning (renting the Hollis Motorsport car) 9?

Karl Ellis

We cant do Anglesey due to commitments with certain people and unfortunatley sliverstone falls in holiday times...Although certain faces may turn up to have a look whats going on!
But we are planning on doing Mallory and Pembrey for sure!!!

We will do our best to support you guys but this year but still on a bit of a learning curve!

Next year we hope to be sorted!

Regards

Karl Ellis

Alices Dream Racing Team
You can Teach a monkey to drive a car..but not read a map!!

Marc Fenner

I will be there if anyone wants a hand with spannering etc.

Ben Allan

Unfortunetaly not us.  Unforseen work committments and reloactions have put all of us out of contention.

Good luck to all

Ben

Chris Yates

Myself and Neil Thompson will hopefully be there in Stinky :) Neil's going to be sending in the entry any day now

Trevor Williams

David
If you have any ideas on what the club could do, please email them to me.

We have done surveys a few times in the recent past, and we have in the main attempted to use the info gained in coming up with the race formats. Yet we still have difficulty filling certain grids.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, herding cats is easier!

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!