Main Menu

Drivers Rep Concerns from BARC

Started by Trevor Williams, June 15, 2007, 11:20:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

All
i received an email from Ian Watson which was sent to all Drivers reps with the following concerns raised in it:

1. Use of paddock bikes:

Far too often we see youngsters riding bikes or quads around the venues and I need to remind you that this is forbidden, as we agreed at the last drivers' rep's meeting and this is clearly written within BARC standing regulations. Fortunately we have managed to avoid any serious incident to this point in time but perhaps you can remind your competitors that they are responsible for the actions of all people associated with their team and that they should take heed of our safety concerns. They could be excluded from the meeting if their team/family members fail to obey standing regulations issued for BARC events.

2. Noise issues:

a) We are all well aware that the MSA imposes noise limits and that circuits have various curfew times, relating to the running of competition engines. In the last month people have been challenged about breaking curfew regulations and warned as to their future conduct at events. Wishing to run a car along a vacant piece of tarmac to ensure that the clutch is now repaired is not a valid excuse and could contribute to a venue being closed down for breaching their local restrictions.

b) In addition many competitors and officials elect to camp on site over night and in doing so deserve to be able to get a reasonable nights' sleep. Unfortunately people running generators all night or having a party until 2am are infringing upon others and I would have thought things could be closed down at a reasonable hour allowing people some peace and quiet. The club do not want to be heavy handed but if complaints continue we may have to set down more specific guidelines.

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!