Main Menu

Silverstone ,who's going?

Started by Paul Robertson, July 03, 2007, 11:55:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

probably missed it elsewhere but is there a time for the meeting at Silverstone re the club and its future?

Paul Robertson

saturday early evening waynes world.

helen deeley

Quote from: "Geoff Archer"quick question
i have always said how many of you now can go out tonight and blow 500 quid on booze and a good time??

to be honest if you cant you cant afford to race

if all the people who attend bring a £1000 pound cheque to put in a pot for up front entries for next year,

Cant afford to blow £500 on going out, but somehow I've managed to afford to go racing this year! (with help from my family, bless them) I have no social life now, coz something had to go to fund it....
Certainly cant magic a grand out of nothing for next season, but I am going to Mallory & Pembrey, and I do want to be out again next year, I just cant afford to pay for it upfront.
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

TerryCollier

Hi

What time is evening? Have we got a pit or somewhere to meet? this is just to know whether I need to wear my thermals and monsoon gear.

Terry Collier :lol:
Team Collier Racing

Ben Allan

Can I suggest the 3Ps?  Pie, Pees and Pints

Ben

Nick Roads

Being a terrible social racer (never thought I would be a gentleman Jim but seems I am..) need to leave around 6 pm returning next day - can early evening be 5pm for meeting?

Not sure if Trevor is going - I very much hope so but if not could he post what is his personal view as to what the club should do in terms of format for next year in the forum

I too have paid and displayed for mallory and pembrey for the record

Paul Robertson

Wayne wants to go out for a meal nick ,so i can't see it being too late.We should finish racing at 3.15 ish so i would have thought 4.15/4.30 should be attainable.
Steve Panas and i are going to propose that we subsidise next years championship with club funds and we buy the tracktime from the barc .if we do this we should be able to have four meetings with two races of 25 minutes duration on the same day for £180 per meeting based on 20 cars entering and any entries over 20 goes back into the club to offset the subsidy.
If anyone has any proposals can they please bring them in writing so that we can collate all the different ideas and follow them up to see which may be viable options.
Paul

Derek Coghill

Just a thought, Paul; if barc think that's a good idea and ask if we'd also like (or be able to fit in) a couple of races outside of that to fill gaps in programmes (races tbc as and when available so possibly stuff that other series' don't want) would you/we go for that sort of arrangement too?

I suppose it depends, initially, on the take-up for your proposal; if there's enough people wanting to race they may be prepared to do it elsewhere at short notice.

Trevor Williams

Derek,
Kinda goes against peoples statements regarding lack of time to go racing because of other commitments
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Trevor Williams

Nick
I am intending to be racing at Silverstone, however I assure you, you do not want to know my opinions at the moment
Cheers
Trevor

helen deeley

:? Can I ask why are we basing figures on 20 cars? Coz I had a spare 5 minutes & looked at previous minutes & the average grid size is 15 cars for 2004, 2005 & only 6 cars did the full season 2006.......
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Trevor Williams

Helen
That is the number that BARC bases it's costings on. Anything below that, they lose money
Cheers
Trevor

Steve Panas

Paul has already mentioned that discussions have taken place following Trevor's decision to resign with regard to moving the club forward. I feel the current situation with low turnout needs to be addressed and hence with the support of several members this proposal is to be forwarded for consideration on Saturday.

4 MEETINGS INITIALLY PLUS THE 24 BEING LAST RACE
Four days plus 24hr reduces commitment of time

20-30 MIN QUALIFYING
Gives BARC some flexibility over schedule

2 X 25 MINUTE RACES
Allows running races at long tracks eg Cadwell/Croft

BOTH RACES ON SAME DAY
Caters for those who wish no overnight requirements

REVERSE GRID COMPLETE FOR SECOND RACE FROM RESULT RACE ONE
Creates whole new strategy for all.

DOUBLE POINTS FOR RACE TWO
Retains interest for all and should create varied podium finishes

FORMAT ALLOWS 2 DRIVERS
Enables cost to be spread between drivers

REQUIRES 20 CARS @ £720 FOR SEASON PAID BY END MARCH
Payment to 2CV Club which would pay BARC before season starts.

COST EQUATES TO £90 PER CAR PER RACE

Trevor Williams

Steve
Could you please email me your working out of the cost, because I cannot see how the figures stack up
Cheers
Trevor

Derek Harnett

Can I suggest a minor modification to Steve's proposal.

How about shortening the first race and making it a 1 driver sprint and then lengthening the second race and allowing 2 drivers (or single driver with usual lark of running around the car).

I would have a clause that ensures two drivers from first race cannot combine for second race, to encourage genuine 2nd drivers come along.

Costs as proposed sound very good.  This kind of package could bring me out of retirement - I'd be looking to participate as a 2nd driver.