Main Menu

Spa 24hr race

Started by Marc Fenner, July 10, 2007, 13:13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

philip myatt

It was confirmed yesterday that Spa will this year be called 24h24, this is to celebrate it gaining approval to run through the night, and will run for 24hours 24mins. Entry fee 2500 euro approx.
English championship cars allowed, refuelling as Snett.
A concession is that it will comply with Zolder noise rules, that means 95db.
So, who's going????
It's commitment time guys, all the doubts are over its 100% happening.
Let me know if your going to join us.

Philip

Marc Fenner

What rules are we running too? Are we going to run in the classic class or by our own rules?
Paul was on about changing carbs etc. I think if we are going over we should have our own class with nothing changed.
Some of us dont have the time or money to be rolling roading a new carb etc

Paul Robertson

Marc what the hell  has it to to do with you what i do and what class i may be competing in.

Steve Panas

Marc Fenner

Paul all i was doing was asking what most people were doing. Obviously its up to you what class you are going in. I just thought that we were going to try and run in the same class.

Frank Barnard

Phil, do you know i there's an official deadline for entries yet? Also, I assume the licence requirements will be National A minimum? I'm planning to drive there, hopefully with Glenn Burtenshaw, Robin Webb and ANO, but it's yet to be firmed up...

Derek Coghill

As the race is in November I'd guess at a deadline sometime in October. Just a guess, mind. I'm 95% sure I'm going, but less sure what I'll be doing when I'm there.

pat collier

I am up for it bit need a ride with someone...

philip myatt

Derek - are you going as a spectator or competitor?

Derek Coghill

I don't know yet, but I'll almost certainly be there either way. No vie a deuche site means I don't know where there's camping to be had. I did speak to someone about driving but I can't remember who it was!

Derek Coghill

I've just noticed in the regulations for the Belgian series that ONLY Citroen chassis may be used - no exemption for the Classic class. Can this be changed and will it be strictly applied?

Dick Roberts

Hello

I have written to Paul & Thierry who organise the 2CV accomodation for supporters each year and will get back with details as soon as I have them.

Derek Coghill

Dick, is that the campsite that we used last year (the one that Roy said wasn't happening)?

Dick Roberts

Hello

Yes - the atmospheric (smokey) campsite with Paul Foucant's marquee.

As it is later in the year the supply of hot coffee, hot wine and hot bonfires will be even more important.

I will let you know as soon as I hear what the arrangements are.

Marc Fenner

Hi Derek

Think i may have said something to you about spa as we had a spare seat. There is still a drive going but i know there are people interested in doing it. If your interested let me know. My email is [email protected]. Only problem now is our car is running on a frome chassis. Fingers crossed we will be allowed in!